Scott is an accomplished legal professional with extensive experience providing legal, financial, and management counsel to construction, commercial property management, retail and engineering clients.
Scott has extensive experience in construction, property management, accounting, and law. He has served as an executive officer and legal counsel to general contractors, subcontractors, engineering firms and commercial property owners and managers.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Lee was the Executive Vice President and General Counsel for a local general contractor, managing their complex and commercial litigation, and overseeing their contracting and compliance needs. He has also served as Chief Financial Officer and Legal Counsel for a local railing subcontractor.
Scott has lived in Hawaii for more than a decade and has been doing business in Hawaii since 2004.
Representative Matters & Transactions
- Managed multimillion dollar construction defect and commercial contract litigation for large federal construction contracts.
- Represented clients in negotiations, arbitrations, administrative hearings and court cases.
- Negotiated with and acted as liaison between companies and labor unions, financial institutions, customers, vendors, CPAs, and other external partners.
- Drafted and negotiated construction contracts, commercial office leases, retail leases, loan agreements, purchase agreements, operating agreements and employee handbooks.
- Finalized, implemented, and enforced company insurance policies and employee benefit plans.
- Handled numerous employee terminations, grievances, and investigations.
- Advised employers on entity selection, compliance, employment law, landlord/tenant issues, commercial purchases, and secured transactions.
- Researched and evaluated substantial accounting irregularities through extensive audits.
- Evaluated expansion and acquisition opportunities for legal compliance, financial viability, and operational synergies.
- Drafted, finalized and implemented policies, procedures and company forms to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Trained employers, management, and workforce on enforcement and compliance with applicable laws and company policy.
- Managed mortgage document processing and analysis to ensure compliance with investor guidelines and applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
Hawai’i State Bar
Florida State Bar (Inactive)
American Bar Association
Construction Financial Management Association
Florida State Bar Association
Hawaii State Bar Association
Society for Human Resource Management
Florida International University, College of Law, Miami, Florida, 2007, J.D.
Florida International University, Miami, Florida, 2001, B.A.
Construction Quality Management (CQM)